Mac McMillan, National Chair of the HIMSS Privacy and Security Policy Task Force and CynergisTek CEO, will serve on the faculty of the 2011 South Dakota eHealth Summit, Navigating the Way to Meaningful Use. The conference will be held November 7, 2011 at the Holiday Inn City Centre in Sioux Falls.
The Summit’s one-day seminar agenda will engage, motivate and educate providers and key stakeholders across South Dakota regarding meaningful use and the clinical value of using health information technology and exchange of clinical information between health care providers.
The Summit is bringing together the South Dakota HIMSS Chapter, Dakota State University, HealthPoint (South Dakota’s Regional Extension Center), ADSU IT Initiative, South Dakota Department of Health, and DSS.
The purpose of this year’s eHealth Summit is to provide a statewide vision and update on e-health initiatives to improve healthcare for all South Dakotans with the following specific objectives:
- Describe the goals, objectives and strategies of South Dakota’s plan for HIT, including Health POINT, the Health Information Exchange (HIE), SD Medicaid, and HIT Workforce Development.
- List the updated requirements of meaningful use and how to best achieve meaningful use goals.
- Identify best practices for electronic health record adoption and implementation.
- Gain an understanding of how Health Information Exchange can improve care.
- Learn about Public Health reporting and how to participate.
Please visit http://healthpoint.dsu.edu/Summit2011/ for more information on the conference agenda, registration and sponsorship.